Greetings from St. Paul United Church of Christ, the “Church on the Corner” in Navarre, Ohio! We are the oldest continuing congregation in Stark County, serving the needs of our members, neighbors, friends, and community for over 200 years. We have been a Lutheran Church, a German Reformed Church, and Evangelical & Reformed Church, and since 1957, we have been the United Church of Christ. But through all the changes, we have worshipped continuously as God’s faithful congregation in Navarre. We welcome you to our Church to worship and fellowship with us. Our doors are open to EVERYONE who wishes to worship God through the presence of Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit. “God is Still Speaking” in our midst, and we are still a faith community in progress, with a great ecumenical spirit. Come and join us in “Our Little Corner” of Ohio. There is always a place for YOU!
If you would like to learn more about the United Church of Christ, please visit www.ucc.org.
July 28, 2020
In-person worship services will begin Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 9:30 am. Guidelines for attending are described below:
Maintaining Social Distancing
– Face masks will need to be worn by everyone inside the church building. You are encouraged to bring your own, but we will provide one for anyone who needs it.
– Hand sanitizer will be made available in the sanctuary.
– All entrances to and exits from the church will be done through the Wooster St doors only.
– Every other pew in the sanctuary will be closed-off and unavailable for seating.
– A minimum six foot distance should be kept from anyone not in your immediate household.
– Overflow seating will be available in the Social Room, where social distancing will still be required.
– Dismissal after worship will be done by row, with assistance from ushers.
– There will be no greeters prior to service and no receiving line after services.
– We kindly ask that you refrain from singing in the sanctuary for the foreseeable future.
– Restroom use will be limited to one person/family at a time. Disinfecting wipes will be provided so that restroom surfaces can be sanitized before exiting.
– Church meetings should be conducted remotely, when practicable. Face masks will need to be worn at all in-person meetings on church premises.
– We will continue to stream worship on Facebook live.
– We encourage people who are either sick or at-risk to stay home and worship online.
Avoiding Physical Contact with People and Surfaces
– Communion will not be served until we are able to implement a contactless practice for distributing the elements.
– Bulletins will be available at the entrance for you to take. Please place your used bulletins in the recycling bin near the door as you exit.
– Offering baskets will be placed at the entrance to the sanctuary — there will be no passing of plates for the time being.
– Please avoid handshaking and other physical contact.
– We will not be passing the peace for now.
– Readings will be printed in the bulletin. Bibles and hymnals will be removed from the pews.
– Attendance will no longer be registered on pew pads.
– The following will be suspended until further notice:
– All Sunday School classes
– Children’s Time
– Choir / Bell Choir rehearsals and performances
– Summer Music Series
– Coffee Hour and Brewed Awakenings
– Any gatherings of more than 15 persons inside either the Church or the Parish Hall.